Offering greater choice, efficiency and technology
Jaguar's multi-award winning XF and aluminium-bodied XJ saloon ranges feature significant enhancements for the 2013MY. Key features across the 2013MY XF and XJ ranges are:
- All XF and XJ models offer significantly improved efficiency through a newly expanded powertrain range. Eight-speed transmissions are now mated to all engines, with V6 and V8 petrol and all diesel engines also being available with Jaguar's Intelligent Stop/Start system.
- Meridian sound systems - first introduced to Jaguar with the exclusive XJ Ultimate model - are now available throughout the XF and XJ ranges for an unparalleled automotive audiophile experience.
- Technology upgrades introduce enhancements, new features and optimise ease of use for audio and infotainment systems across all XF and XJ models. Suspension enhancements for the XJ flagship further optimise passenger comfort.
"The technical improvements
introduced to the 2013 Model Year XF and XJ ranges - including the
addition of the XF Sportbrake - demonstrate Jaguar's determination
both to exceed the demanding expectations of our customers around
the world, and our ambitious plans for growth in emerging markets.
Through the expertise of our engineering teams, the Jaguar brand is
in a stronger position than ever before to achieve those
goals." Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director,
2013MY XF and XJ: Powertrains
- Expanded engine choice sees two new highly efficient, forced induction petrol powerplants - 3.0-litre V6 Supercharged and 2.0-litre i4 Turbocharged units - join the existing line-up of 2.2-litre i4 Turbodiesel, 3.0-litre V6 Turbodiesel and both naturally-aspirated and Supercharged 5.0-litre V8 petrols.
- Eight-speed automatic transmissions are now fitted to all petrol and diesel XJ and XF variants for greater efficiency and performance.
- Jaguar's Intelligent Stop/Start system extended to all V6 and V8 petrol and all diesel engines across the XJ and XF ranges offering emissions and economy benefits.
- 2.2-litre i4 Turbodiesel now offered in 163PS and 200PS versions for XF saloon and Sportbrake models, all with CO2 emissions from 135g/km and combined fuel economy from 55.4mpg (5.1l/100km).
- Both 240 and 275PS versions of the 3.0-litre V6 Turbodiesel now achieve CO2 emissions of 159g/km in the XF saloon and 159g/km in the XJ (275PS only) with combined fuel economy of 47mpg (6.0l/100km) for each installation.
- The supercharged V8 petrol engine has fuel economy gains of up
to 11% with emissions reductions of more than 8%, while the
naturally-aspirated V8 sees economy improvements of up to 8% with
emissions down by more than 6%.
2013MY XF and XJ: Meridian audio
- Optional sound systems developed by British ultra-premium specialist Meridian, a world leader in audio technologies and digital signal processing.
- Available in two power outputs - 380W and 825W - both featuring multiple channel amplifiers and Digital Signal Processing software powering an array of loudspeakers.
- Meridian audio systems are benchmarked against real instruments and voices rather than competitors.
- Meridian apply Psychoacoustics research and experience to produce sounds so true to life that they are perceived as real by the listener.
- Meridian Trifield technology, featured on the top-of-the-range 825W Meridian Surround Sound System, delivers perfect surround sound to every occupant of the vehicle.
2013MY XF and XJ: Technology
- Infotainment system updates enhance the audio and navigation interfaces and usability.
- Suspension enhancements to the XJ further optimise passenger comfort.
NOTE: The introduction of 2013MY features and engine/model availability for XF, XF Sportbrake and XJ ranges may vary by market. Please contact your local PR team for market specific information and timings.