Save News Packs
Tour de France winner Chris Froome is presented with unique Jaguar F-TYPE
Paris, France:To celebrate an outstanding second victory in the Tour de France for Team Sky, Jaguar today rewarded race winner Chris Froome with a very special Jaguar F-TYPE sports car.
Jaguar has contributed to the success of Froome and Team Sky in 2013 through provision of the Jaguar XF Sportbrake as the team's official support vehicle.
As part of the #GetBehindTeamSky social media campaign created by Jaguar, fans were asked to tweet their own images of support. An overwhelming response followed, with selected photographs forming the famous 'Team Sky' line running down the centre of the car. - In this case, the livery is yellow rather than blue, in recognition of Team Sky's achievement. The design mimics the livery of the Team Sky Jaguar XF Sportbrake, which featured the images submitted by supporters during the final stage of the Tour in Paris on Sunday (below).
The victory marks back-to-back successes in the Tour for Team Sky, with Chris Froome becoming the second British rider to win the Yellow Jersey after Sir Bradley Wiggins in 2012.
Chris Froome commented:
"Every young cyclist dreams of one day riding in the Tour de France, let alone winning it. I haven't done it alone though. Team Sky has a great set of partners, and I'd like to thank Jaguar for their brilliant support over the past four years. They've invested a lot of time and ingenuity into designing the XF Sportbrake, which is the perfect race support cars for us. It has been crucial to keeping the team on the road throughout the competition".
David Steele, Global Brand Experience Director commented:
"It is an absolute pleasure to once again celebrate a Tour de France victory with Team Sky. Being part of the story is a real privilege for everyone at Jaguar. We congratulate the Team and I am sure Chris Froome will enjoy celebrating with an invigorating drive in his new F-TYPE."
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Jaguar & Team Sky
- A partnership based around the values of innovation and performance, Jaguar and Team Sky are two proudly British brands with a global presence and operation
- An initial partnership was agreed in 2010 on the Teams' inception, with the supply of Jaguar X-Types to support Team Sky as race support cars
- A new partnership was agreed in 2012, based around the supply of a fleet of the all new Jaguar XF Sportbrakes, the estate derivative of the popular Jaguar XF
- The Jaguar XF Sportbrakes were first seen on the road supporting the Team during the Tour de France in 2012, as part of Team Sky's historic, victorious campaign to win the leader's Yellow Jersey (Maillot Jaune).
About the Jaguar F-TYPE
- Front-engined and rear-wheel drive, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
- Visually, the F-TYPE's exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles
- The F-TYPE's interior features a driver-focused philosophy, with engaging controls encased in dramatic architecture. Unique technical grains tailor the trim materials, further differentiating the dual-cockpit cabin
- Three models will be available - F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. They are powered respectively by Jaguar's new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS.