Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive green technology and innovation in the UK. Today, the company told audiences at the British Business Embassy's Advanced Engineering, Automotive and Aerospace Summit of its work to push the boundaries of research into the electrification of premium vehicles and the significant investment opportunities that this technology can create in the UK.
On display outside Lancaster House was the latest example of Jaguar Land Rover's hybrid engineering research - the Jaguar XJ_e. The vehicle demonstrates how an advanced parallel plug-in hybrid can deliver reductions of CO2 emissions of more than 70 per cent, without compromising the vehicle's performance.
It is the latest project as part of Jaguar Land Rover's strategy to develop best in class low carbon premium product and follows other successful hybrid demonstrators such as Limo Green and Range_e vehicles.
Part funded by the UK Government's Technology Strategy Board through the REEVolution project, the XJ_e has been engineered in partnership with leading UK technology companies to help develop expertise for ultra-low carbon vehicles within the country's supply chain.
Peter Richings,Director, Hybrids and Electrification at Jaguar Land Rover explains 'Working in collaboration with other major vehicle manufacturers, Jaguar Land Rover has helped to lay the foundations to create a robust and globally competitive UK supply base to support the development of future green technologies, as well as deliver three ground-breaking new demonstrator concepts."
"With 240 engineers, we have the largest electric and hybrid engineering team in the UK and we believe that our work in this area, combined with the support of the TSB, will continue to drive forward innovation in green technologies."
The Global Business Summit on Advanced Engineering, Automotive and Aerospace is part of the British Business Embassy programme at Lancaster House held during the London 2012 Games. The series of business summits organised by UK Trade & Investment represents the most ambitious set of trade and investment events ever held in the UK.
Notes to editors:
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- JLR has an ambitious investment programme and anticipates that it will spend in the region of £2bn in the year to March 2013
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 24,000 people.
- JLR is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- JLR has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- More information about the British Business Embassy can be found: https://www.britishbusinessembassy.com/
For further information, contact the Corporate PR Team:
Kay Francis, JLR Corporate Communications
T: +44 (0) 7867 537779 E: email@example.com
Nick O'Donnell, JLR Corporate Communications
T: +44 (0) 7825 115951 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Palmer, JLR Corporate Communications
T: +44 (0) 2476 564 112 M: + 44 (0) 7557 540611 E: email@example.com