Save News Packs
Whitley,UK: JaguarLandRover is pleased to announce that it is appointing PT Grandauto Dinamika ("PT GAD") as its new Land Rover importer and distributor inIndonesia. The appointment will take effect in January 2013.
PT GAD, a joint venture between Wearnes Automotive group and Mr. Hadi Widjaja Tanaga, has been the official importer for Jaguar inIndonesiasince 2000. From January 2013 PT GAD will complete the rebranding and renovating of its current Jaguar facility to accommodate Land Rover and will be making significant investment in three brand new facilities across Jakarta to ensure world class customer service and support for the Jaguar and Land Rover brands.
Mr. David Blackhall, Managing Director, Jaguar Land RoverAsiaPacific said: "Appointing PT GAD opens a new chapter in Jaguar Land Rover's continued commitment to the Indonesian market for premium vehicles. This is an important market for Jaguar Land Rover with strong growth potential. Having selected the right partner and having great products are the foundations to being successful across the region."
Mr. Andre Roy, Group Managing Director, Wearnes Automotive said: "We are delighted to be appointed as the new importer and distributor for Land Rover inIndonesia. Looking at the fantastic range of vehicles from Land Rover, such as the Evoque and All New Range Rover as well as future product plans, we are confident that we will be able to replicate the sales success we have enjoyed inSingapore, since we began importing Land Rovers in 2009."
Mr. Hadi Tanaga added: "This new appointment demonstrates Jaguar Land Rover's confidence in us, and we will ensure that we continue to uphold impeccable standards with regards to serving our customers inJakartaand establishing a strong partnership network acrossIndonesia."
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- JaguarLandRover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- JaguarLandRover employs around 25,000 people globally and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world, with 80% of production exported.
- JaguarLandRover is building a state of the art advanced engine facility at i54 SouthStaffordshireBusinessParkinvesting £355m and creating 750 new jobs. Construction commenced on 20th June 2012 and is ongoing.
- JaguarLandRover makes a significant contribution to theUKeconomy contributing £7bn GVA in the last financial year.
- One of theUK's largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- 12 months to 31 March 2012, JLR generated PBT of £1.5bn with revenues of £13.5bn
- JLR is working on plans to extend its global production footprint, particularly inBrazil,IndiaandChina.
- JaguarLandRover is the onlyUKautomotive company to be rated Platinum in the Business in the Community Corporate Social Responsibility Index 2012.
For further information please visit our media website (http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com) or contact:
Kay Francis, Director,JaguarLandRover Corporate
T: +44 (0) 7867 537779 E: email@example.com
Nick O'Donnell, Global Corporate PR Manager,JaguarLandRover
T: +44 (0) 7825 115951 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Palmer, Senior Press Officer,JaguarLandRover Corporate
T: + 44 (0) 7557 540611 E: email@example.com