Save News Packs
Jaguar Land Rover has appointed Simon Lenton as its new HR Director, effective 14 January 2013. In this role, Simon will be responsible for all HR strategy and employee relations for Jaguar Land Rover's 25,000 employees. He will report directly to Dr Ralf Speth, CEO.
Simon will join the company from Diageo plc where he is currently HR Director, Global Supply and Procurement. Previously, he has held a number of other senior roles at Diageo including HR Director International, HR Director Venture Markets and HR Director Great Britain.
Commenting on the appointment, Dr Ralf Speth, CEO Jaguar Land Rover, said: "We look forward to welcoming Simon to the Jaguar Land Rover team. Simon brings considerable experience which will be invaluable as Jaguar Land Rover embarks upon a period of significant growth through the launch of new products and expanding further into new markets."
For further information please visit our media website (http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com) or contact:
Nick O'Donnell, Global Corporate PR Manager
M: +44 (0) 7825 115951 E: email@example.com
Lisa Palmer, Senior Communications Officer
M: +44 (0) 7555 540611 e: lpalmer1@jaguarlandrover
Notes to editors:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2013.
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world. (80% of our business is exported).
- Jaguar Land Rover has recruited over 8,000 people in the last two years.
- Jaguar Land Rover is building a state of the art advanced engine facility at i54 South Staffordshire Business Park investing £355m and creating 750 new jobs. Construction commenced on 20th June 2012 and is on-going.
- Jaguar Land Rover makes a significant contribution to the UK economy contributing £7bn GVA in the last financial year.
- One of the UK's largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- 12 months to 31 March 2012, JLR generated PBT of £1.5bn with revenues of £13.5bn
- JLR is working on plans to extend its global production footprint, particularly in Brazil, India and China.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the only UK automotive company to be rated Platinum in the Business in the Community Corporate Social Responsibility Index 2012.