Save News Packs
- Jaguar Land Rover Canada sales increased by 29 percent in March versus last year
- Land Rover brand marked its eleventh consecutive record sales month with an increase of 25 percent
- Jaguar continues growth streak with 43 percent growth in March for its best March sales month since 2002
(MISSISSAUGA, ON) - April 1, 2014 - Jaguar Land Rover Canada today reported March 2014 sales: Jaguar sales were 209 units, 43 percent up from March 2013; Land Rover sales reached 734 units, up 25 percent from March 2013. Jaguar Land Rover Canada March sales for both brands were 943 units, a 29 percent increase from March 2013.
Commenting on March sales results, Lindsay Duffield, President, Jaguar Land Rover Canada said, "Jaguar Brand sales roared into Spring with the best March performance since 2002. Land Rover sales climbed to an all time high on the strength of record Range Rover Sport and Range Rover results. With strong demand across all Jaguar and Land Rover models, and with the introduction this month of the 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe, we expect to see this momentum continuing.
In March, Jaguar brand sales increased 43 percent - the best March sales total since 2002. The Jaguar XF was the Jaguar growth leader with a 15 percent year-over-year increase, while the Jaguar XJ delivered a 27 percent year-over-year increase.
The new 2015 MY F-TYPE Coupe, unveiled at the Montreal Auto Show in January and the Canadian International Auto Show in February goes on sale this month.
The 2014 Jaguar line-up features:
- Instinctive All-Wheel Drive™ - Available on both the XF and
- Supercharged 340hp V6 engines in the XF and
- Eight Speed ZF® Automatic Transmissions on all XF and XJ models
- Auto Engine Stop/Start on select XF and XJ models
The 2014 Jaguar line-up features four models: The Jaguar XJ luxury sedan, powered by a 340-hp supercharged V6 all-wheel-drive, a 470-hp supercharged V8 or a 550-hp supercharged V8 in the XJR model. The Jaguar XF sports sedan powered by a 240-hp turbocharged four cylinder, a 340-hp supercharged V6 in all-wheel-drive, a 510-hp Supercharged V8 in the XFR, and a 550-hp Supercharged V8 in the XFR-S. The XK coupe and convertible grand touring cars are powered by either a 385-hp V8 or a 510-hp supercharged V8 in the XKR. Jaguar also offers its highest performance models ever, the 2014 Jaguar XKR-S coupe and convertible with a 550-hp supercharged V8.
The 2014 MY Jaguar F-TYPE convertible comes in three variants, 340-hp F-TYPE, 380-hp F-TYPE S and 495-hp F-TYPE V8 S. The new F-TYPE Coupe model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupe, with a 550hp 5-litre supercharged V8 engine, enabling acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds, and a top speed of 300 km/h (limited).
In March, Land Rover brand sales reached 734 units making it the
best sales month ever. Range Rover Sport sales of 321 units
achieving the best sales month ever, based on exceptionally strong
demand for this all new model. The flagship model, Range Rover
achieved a 80 percent increase year-over-year making it the best
Range Rover sales month ever.
Land Rover's 2014 model year line-up features five models: The 240-hp 2.0 litre powered LR2 and Range Rover Evoque; the updated LR4 now powered by a supercharged 340-hp V6; the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover, both available with the 340-hp V6 and 510-hp supercharged 5.0 litre V8 powertrains.
# # #
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world.
- Headquartered in Mississauga in Canada, Jaguar Land Rover Canada ULC is represented by 23 retail outlets.